Thursday, December 6, 2012

Sunny Sleeves Review--End the Sunscreen Battle


Okay, I realize this is not necessarily the time of year to talk about sunburns and using sunscreen, but we know that sun protection year-round is imperative.  In fact, the sun can sometimes be more wicked when it reflects off the clouds and exposes skin to more harmful UVA and UVB rays.  Skin cancer is not just a summer concern.

When it comes to your kids, it pays to be extra vigilant.  If your child is anything like mine, they probably do not like sunscreen.  My daughter is old enough to put it on herself, but it doesn't mean that the struggle has ended.  There have been many times I have forgotten to put sunscreen on her or just figured she wouldn't be getting much sun, so what was the point?

Permit me to introduce you to Sunny Sleeves.  I had heard about these special sun protection sleeves, but I had never had a chance to try them.  Just so you can get some information about them, here are the quick facts:

  • Lightweight breathable fabric, wicks moisture to keep skin cool
  • XS kids size sun sleeves feature non-slip elastic band on upper arm cuff
  • Small & Medium sizes have adjustable upper arm band (button)
  • Loose around wrist for increased airflow/ventilation
  • 50+UPF UVA/UVB protection, keeps SPF even when wet 
  •  Machine washable (delicate/cold wash), line dry. Do not bleach/tumble dry/iron
  • Sold in pairs   
Although we had no sun around for my daughter to try these outside, she enjoyed putting them on inside.
I was absolutely amazed that these fit because I was pretty sure they would be too tight and not fit.  My daughter loved them so much that she begged me to be able to wear them around the house.  I said the next time she wore a short sleeved top, she could wear these.  She loves the designs on these, and it is amazing how lightweight and durable they are.  I have not had a chance to wash them or see if they keep you cool when you are outside, but I have to admit that so far, I am impressed.  I look forward to the advent of the sun so she can wear them outside and put them to the ultimate test.

I love the fact that they have these for adults, and that you can completely customize them with the design you want.  I would be interested in checking them out for me this summer.  I don't like wearing sunscreen on my arms, and I know I don't protect my arms like I should.

Are you looking for a fantastic Christmas present that your kids will love?  Go to their site and use the following code:
WINTER2012 will receive 15% off first order exp 12/23/2012

While you are checking out this fantastic product, be sure to follow them via social media.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here