Saturday, March 12, 2011

Satisfied Saturday--Bringing Back an Old Favorite

This week I am using this book to plan out recipes except for one.  I'll tell you about that later on.  I really am excited about this week's cooking.  So here goes.

Meal 1:  Hidden Valley Ranch Cheeseburgers (p. 46) I have been wanting to try these because I keep seeing them on the ads.  They sound so good.
Fries
Coleslaw:  I created my own coleslaw recipe.  I took a bag of coleslaw mix, added Kraft Coleslaw dressing, craisins, and some toasted pecans.  (I am so proud of myself.  I took some olive oil, and I toasted some slivered pecans in the pan--I didn't burn them, and they were good!)


Meal 2:  Maple-Cranberry Pork Chops (p. 62)
Roasted Potato and Vegetable Salad (p. 208)

Meal 3:  Hawaiian Haystacks (I know this is not the exact recipe I used many years ago, but I have never forgotten these!  I finally decided it was time to make these again.  My mom and Martin have never tried them.  This is the one I am bringing back!  I will not make it exactly like the recipe, but I thought this had the best options for toppings.  I plan to add curry to it!)


Meal 4:  Fish with Carrots (p. 124)  I am using tilapia instead of flounder.
Apple-Rice Medley (p. 206)

As to last week,  I only have one more recipe--the BBQ chicken.  The coffee roast was good, but the coffee was a little strong.  I recommend using weak coffee, but the flavors are really unique.  The  Bratwursts were so tender!  I think that was the best thing about these.  The Beef Veggie Casserole should be served with rice.  It is a good way to use up cabbage.  I think the best part of last week was using the crockpot.  My only struggle was I had to prepare it the night before. This week will be a challenge because nothing is done ahead of time.  So here is hoping!  I can hardly wait to make the Hawaiian Haystack!  I plan to be very creative!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here