Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday--Home Make+Print from Sticker You Review

My daughter and I had the unique opportunity of reviewing Make+Print stickers you can print at home by Sticker You.  I have to admit that while I have seen printable stickers for years, I have never had the opportunity to use them.  I always thought they would be really difficult to make or that they may not look very good.  But I was willing to give them a try.


I found that the directions were much easier than I thought.  All I needed was a color printer and a computer.  Everything else was provided.  I went to their site and entered a code.  This gave me access to thousands of sticker designs (all sorts--for everyone from kids to adults).  You could use any of those or upload your own.  The code was good for twice as many stickers as you had in your pack.  That allows for mistakes!


I created some stickers that I knew my daughter would like--animals, cartoons, pictures from vacations, etc. Her favorite was of a black cat, and I wrote "Dusty Crossing" on it in honor of her cat.  You are able to completely customize these stickers and make them exactly the way you want.


When I put the sticker sheets into the printer, I did have to take them out halfway because I had put the paper in the wrong way.  It was easy enough to reinsert the sheets and print them correctly.  Once they had printed, I noticed that the printing was slightly off.  But it was just barely off center.  It would just be a simple adjustment to make sure the sheets are lined up correctly next time.  But the stickers themselves were absolutely beautiful!  Make sure you let the ink dry before you use them, however.  Otherwise you will get ink on your fingers.


Next time you want to do something neat for your kids, holidays, or for a party, be sure to check them out!


www.stickeryou.com 
Twitter handle: @stickeryou
Facebook page:  www.facebook.com/stickeryou



Home Make+Print products are currently available in Hobby Lobby in the USA; Mastermind and Scholar's Choice in Canada.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here