Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Prayer of Dedication


Dear Heavenly Father,

It has been a while since I have a shared a prayer on my blog, but I wanted to take this opportunity to do so.  In my Bible study this week, I was challenged to pray for Your will, to remove any obstacles, and to be obedient to Your will.  And I want to take this opportunity, O Lord, to do just that.

First of all, God, I thank You for this glorious blog that You have given me.  It has gone beyond anything I would have imagined over a year ago when I started.  I remember being hesitant to begin, but this has been so glorious.  You have allowed me to connect with people in a unique way, and I have been able to share my thoughts with people who actually care about what I think.  I have met some wonderful people, and You have guided me in everything I have done and will continue to do.  You have fulfilled my dreams in ways I never imagined.  Even as a teenager, I knew that You had destined me to write, and now, God, I have an audience that You have given me.  May I never lose my focus nor back away from my purpose.

Lord God, I realize that the obstacles are there.  I can get mad at the computer.  I can get lost entering giveaways and reading blogs.  Sometimes  I just don't feel like doing it.  I sometimes make time for everything but You.  I pray, God, that nothing will hinder me from living for You.  I pray that I will never be a hypocrite in my walk with You.  May I never be guided by fear nor anything but You.

And finally, God, I pray that You will make Your presence known in a special way to my readers.  Use me to minister to each of them as You would have me do.  May I only write the words You would have me write.

In Your Name, I pray,

Amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here