Sunday, August 21, 2011

Solution Sunday--Skillet Bacon Jam Review




I recently had the opportunity to review an unusual product called skillet bacon jam (or spread). I was intrigued by the name alone, and when I read the company's description of their product, I knew this was something I wanted to try!

From the company:  
we make this bacon spread condiment called bacon jam..you say what?.. that’s right, we use niman ranch bacon and render it down along with onions, balsamic and other spices . It cooks for several hours until it is a perfect blend of smoky, tangy, savory and slightly sweet….basically spreadable bacony goodness!  USDA approved.

The first thing I was concerned about was the fat content.  I do not know what the caloric information is of this product, but I want to tell you that whatever calories/fat this item has, it is worth it!  This item is flavorful, and not once did I feel like I was sabotaging my diet.  I suppose that if I ate the entire contents of the container in one sitting, I might be overdoing it, but I can assure you I would not do that.

My first use of this product was on a hot dog (of all things, I know!).  I really thought it gave lots of good flavor to the hot dog.  It was not overly strong, but the taste seemed just right.  My mom agreed very strongly when she tried it on her hot dog as well.

The second time I used it was when I was making up a hash brown skillet side dish a few days ago.  I had all sorts of vegetables frying up with the hash browns, and I thought that this bacon jam would give these bland veggies a little flavor.  Again, I was right!  In fact, I truly should have added more.  Next time, I will.

My favorite thing about this product is that it is made in the Pacific Northwest!  I always love finding new products from the area, and it makes me want to promote this product even more.

So if you get a chance, take a closer look at this product here.  You'll be glad you did!  

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

4 comments:

  1. WOW - interesting is all I can say. I try not to knock food before I try it - but, that it's hard.

    Have you used turkey bacon before? I bought some last weekend and it was sooo crispy...not too good. Haha! Almost got hm...kind of rubber-like. It was real weird. :-/

    Anywho, happy that you found my blog :)

    And lady - I see you're a single mom...I help run a single mom's ministry - babypickel.wordpress.com, babypickel.com - would love to post a testimony you might have on our blog, if you feel led to do so. -Let me know!

    Blessings to you today!

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it, too! I wish I had more. I'm going to have to buy some very soon and I'd love to know how you prepared your hashbrown skillet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing product, isn't it? All I did with the skillet was "stir fry" veggies in oil and some of this bacon jam. Then I added hashbrowns. It was fantastic!

      Delete
  3. Bacon seems to be the in thing right now - bacon in cookies , bacon everywhere. I have never heard of this before. It sounds like it would be good on hot dogs and hamburgs too . We love bacon in our house : ) your making me hungry now .Will be looking for this at the stores

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here