Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sporadic Saturday--Voyage of the Dawn Treader and More

All right, today has been a big day.  We went to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader in 3-D,  and I cried!  Yep, I haven't told anyone else till now.  There I was with my 3-D glasses with tears running down my face.  Why, you may ask?  The story is full of adventure, and it was very well-done.  I would highly recommend it to anyone except for families with very young children.  It could be frightening, and I don't think  children who were below first grade would get the meaning.  But why did I cry?

At the end of the movie--just like in the book--the weary travelers make it to Aslan's Country.  Those who understand C.S. Lewis's symbolism will know that Aslan represents Christ. So His country would be heaven.  The mouse, Reepicheep, has waited all his life to see this country.  But once you enter, you do not return.  And so he enters.  I cried tears of joy realizing that one day I would enter God's rest.

Now then, I really lost it when Aslan made this statement to Lucy:  "I am known by another name in your world.  You must learn my name there.  I brought you here so you could learn Who I was."  How my dear friend needs this message.  Martin does not know God, and I so long for him to know God!  So I cried.

As to other events, I lost a follower today.  I know that things are busy right now, and it is always disenheartening to see a follower leave.  I know there are many reasons.  I have not had time to think of any other giveaways.  I have been so busy lately that my blog gets neglected now and then.  I do apologize to my followers for that.  You are so loyal!  I know they say that blogging is becoming a thing of the past, but I don't buy into that.  I couldn't  imagine my life without blogging!

I plan this week to list another giveaway or two.  We'll see  what happens.  I do have a PR lead I have to follow up on that could be really good.  I just have no time!

Please be sure to let me know what I can do for you, my dear readers.  I want to meet your needs and minister to you.  I have no real social life apart from this, so I certainly want to do all I can to keep you as a reader.

I will be posting soon about what my Secret Santa got me.  I participated in two this year,and one still hasn't made it to me.  I am toying with the idea of sponsoring a Valentine blog swap, but I have to think of a theme. And I am not sure how many of you would be interested in doing something like that.  I have always loved the swaps I have been a part of.  But maybe we are just too busy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here