Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday--My Goals

That time of year is almost upon us.  I know  I started that 12 things challenge, but it was too late in the year to do that.  I do like to make New Year's resolutions--I tend to keep many of them.  I enjoy getting to set some goals and with God become more the person He wants for me to be.  I'm sure I make  some  of the usual goals that so many do, but I do try to complete at least some of them.

So what are my goals for 2011?  I am just beginning to think.  I will list some tonight.

1.  I have gained about 5 pounds or so, and  I definitely need to rev up my exercise plan and perhaps even track my calories again.  I think my weight gain has come about mainly due to stress.  I was doing some reading, and stress can cause weight gain even if you do not change what you are eating.  I am not an emotional eater except in extreme circumstances. My goal is to get down to 135 pound.  I have about 15 pounds to go.


2.  To reach 300 followers of  this blog by the end of 2011.  I think that is a reasonable goal.  After all, I am nearly at 130.  And the summer will finally give me some time to get some things done with it.  With the increase of followers, hopefully I will  get my blog neatly and beautifully organized.  And hopefully I'll have some giveaways!


3.  This is one I had last year and just didn't do.  I want to make some  more  gifts this coming year.  I have lots of craft links saved, and I could make some  great gifts--I have in years past.  So my goal is to make at least 1 craft per month that I can give as a gift--or give away on here.


4.  To consistently spend time with the Lord.  To grow in my spiritual walk.  That is always a goal.  I am  way behind in my Bible reading, but I plan to get caught up tomorrow.

You know,  I think I need to look into creating some kind of challenge concerning 2011 goals.  I'm sure others will, but I think  it might be kind of interesting if I hosted a challenge.  I'll have to put my thinking cap on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here