Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fortified Friday on Saturday

First of all, I am sorry I did not get to this last night.  I honestly had nothing, and I do mean nothing!  I am currently fighting a yeast infection in my mouth and vaginally.  And I was  tired!

Today, I finally had the time to get a couple recipes together.  First of all, let  me review what recipes I have made.  Remember this post?  The only recipe on that post I didn't make was the gourmet chicken.  All the other recipes were absolutely fantastic!  I highly recommend them.  I did make this recipe that used some pumpkin spice bread mix that I had on hand.  I can't find the recipe that was the inspiration, but basically I added coconut, eggs, plain yogurt, olive oil, mini chocolate chips, and oatmeal.  I then topped it with an oatmeal, brown sugar splenda, and melted butter topping.  It was quite good.  I also plan on making this honey French Bread recipe.

As to recipes this week, I am only doing two.  I've got a chicken brown rice casserole and haggis recipe to make in the crockpot.  I got it out of the Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: The Big Book of Everyday Slow Cooking that I have used before.  I think it will be good--her recipes generally are.

Better a day late than not at all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here