Friday, June 10, 2011

Free-Wheeling Friday--Tom Tom GPS Review

I don't know about you, but I have come to rely on a GPS so much that I don't honestly know what I ever did before I had one.  I can remember printing out directions and trying desperately to read the directions while I went down the road.  And goodness gracious, if I happened to miss a turn or something unexpected occurred, it was all I could do to get back on track.

I have only had one GPS before this one, and it was a Magellan.  It worked fine, but it was often a pain.  It was stolen from my vehicle earlier this year.  The school district reimbursed me, but by that time, I was  using the google maps on my phone.  I can remember having issues with that, too, if I ever lost the signal.  But I was stubborn.  I wouldn't buy a new GPS.

Then about a month or so ago, my mom's was stolen in our driveway overnight.  She wasn't in a hurry to replace it.  That is until I saw a special deal on amazon for this GPS.

This fantastic GPS arrived last week.  I got it all set up this past weekend, and as I have used it this week, I absolutely fell in love with it!  Tom Tom has created a fantastic system!

Tom Tom Product Information


I cannot get over how large the screen is and how easy it is to read.  And for the most part, the maps are accurate.  I have found it tends to be more accurate in the city rather than the country, but it has more up-to-date  maps than any other GPS I have ever used.  And it has the options of map correction (still have to try that out) and a lifetime map subscription.  You can choose the voice.  I picked the male voice tonight, and my almost-8-year-old daughter called him "romantic."  The volume is the loudest I have heard from a GPS--that is good because I prefer to play my radio somewhat loud.  

I discovered something really wonderful today as I was driving to work.  It directs you to the correct lane, and it even shows you a picture of the exit lane--I loved that!!  It seems that I learn something new about it daily.

Now you may wonder what kind of job I have that would cause me to rely so heavily on a GPS.  I am a substitute teacher in 10 districts.  I drive all over the place, and I sometimes forget where some of the schools are.  Not having a GPS does tend to cripple me.

I will say one or two things I do not like about this system (nothing is absolutely perfect, after all).  I like the fact that it is portable, but the suction cup thing does tend to separate from the clip part when you are putting it on.  But once it is up, it stays put!  I also wish that it told you which side of the street your destination will be, but I do know that sometimes those are wrong anyway.  

I can't recommend this product highly enough.  If you want a GPS at a pretty good price, check it out!

By the way, I was not compensated for this post in any way.  All views are 100 percent my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here