Sunday, June 12, 2011

Solution Sunday--Wanchai Ferry Dry Dinner Kit Review


Yesterday was my daughter's birthday party.  She and I have the same birthday (June13), but her party was on the 11th.  It went very well, but I knew I wouldn't be up for cooking after the party.  I had intended to make a crock pot meal, but I forgot to soak the beans.  Okay, I know I could have gone with a quick soak, but I also know that it is not the best way.  And anyway, I had some quick meals on hand.

I had bought a Wanchai Ferry and Macaroni Grill dry dinner kit a while back--I had some good coupons.  I just had not tried either of them.  That was until yesterday.

In the morning, I pulled out a Wanchai Ferry Cashew Chicken Dry Dinner kit from the pantry and some chicken that needed using up.  I am glad I planned ahead because after the party, I was so tired.  I almost thought about giving up and just going with a sandwich, but I decided that I would just get busy and cook it.

I was quite impressed from the beginning.  It was so simple.  I just dumped the water in the rice, and it cooked easily.  Then I had to cut the chicken up and put it in a bag with the seasoned cornstarch.  While I did that, put the oil in the skillet.  I poured the chicken in the heated skillet, and I was pretty impressed with how nicely the chicken seemed to cook.  And the aroma was heavenly.

Then the "piece de resistance"!  Following the directions, I poured the cashew sauce in the pan, and my thought was, "This is just like what you get in the restaurant."  I added the water.  The rice was already cooked.  I scurried to steam the veggies, and then the cashew chicken was done.  I topped it off with the provided roasted cashews.  

When I served the meal, I mixed my cashew chicken with the steamed veggies I had made (a frozen Normandy mix from Walmart).  I was absolutely amazed at the meal--as was the rest of my family.  And dinner was ready in less than a half hour!  

This is the first time I have ever fixed any kind of Wanchai Ferry dinner kit.  I have seen the ads, and I think I have even seen some  reviews on their products.  But this was a first for me.  And the only negative comment I had was that there was not any more of it!  I would have loved to have had leftovers for lunch today.  

So if you have not had a chance to try Wanchai Ferry meals, hurry out to the store and pick one up for your next quick meal!

By the way, I received nothing for doing this review.  All of my opinions are completely my own.

1 comment:

  1. I had a similar experience. I found five of the spicy garlic chicken kits on clearance at Kroger for $1 each. I thought, "How bad could they be? They're a buck." I bought all five. We made two with chicken, and added crushed pineapple and frozen peppers and onions. The next two we made with pork, and kept everything else the same. The pork was better than the chicken, but all were delicious and so easy. Now I'm dreading using the last one, because it looks like they are phasing out the dry dinner kits in favor of the frozen ones. If they just sold the sauce I could do everything else myself, and I'd use jasmine or basmati rice, as my only criticism is that the rice they include is just a standard grade.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here