Tuesday, April 16, 2013

This Day in History April 16, 1971

I won't say much about this day's feature.  When I was a music teacher in Texas,  learned much about the young lady whose birthday is celebrated today.  It was always a bittersweet lesson to share with my students.  On this date in 1971, Selena Quintanilla-Perez was born.  She went on to become an unbelievable Hispanic musician, and she was killed by her fan club president.  Jennifer Lopez brought her story to life in the fantastic film Selena.  Watch the tribute film below that her brother and his group did ten years after her death.  (Don't worry that it is all in Spanish.  He is basically remembering his sister and thanking everyone for their support through the last ten years.  I figured that out, and I don't even speak Spanish.  I always had to explain that to my students.  Her husband is also featured in this video.  He has long hair, and you might be able to figure out who he is.)



For more info:
http://www.biography.com/people/selena-189149

1 comment:

  1. i remember listenig to selena when i was really young at my nanas anf tatas house!!! i was so sad to hear about her death!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here