Tuesday, April 23, 2013

This Day in History April 23, 1984

AIDS 20034

I remember this well--maybe not the exact date, but this was a big deal when I was in school.  On this in 1984, Margaret Heckler, President Reagan's secretary of health and human services, announced the discovery of AIDS.  I am so glad that science has come so far in treating this horrible disease, but I remember the scare and misconceptions concerning this disease.

For more info:
http://famousdaily.com/history/scientists-find-aids-virus.html

2 comments:

  1. Education is the key to ward off fear. I hope that research continues and eradicates this horrible disease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I didn't know it was that early! I thought it was in the 70s that they found it. I am so happy to know how far we have come!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here