Wednesday, June 13, 2012

This Day in History June 13, 1974

The event I am featuring today hits home for me.  It was on this date at around 6:30 P.M. back in 1974 (38 years ago) that the author of this blog was born.

 Yes, indeed.  I was told as I was growing up that I was born on Friday, June 13.  My mom stressed this to me because she said my dad was superstitious.  I discovered just a few years ago (as I was taking a survey) that is was actually Thursday, June 13.  But I have had birthdays on Friday, June 13.

This special day is shared with my daughter who was born on this date in 2003.  So she is nine today.  So far, she had no problem with celebrating her birthday along with mine.  I dread the day when she turns to me and says that she is embarrassed or upset to share my birthday.  And just so you will know, I did not plan for her to be born on my birthday.  She was due on the 18th of June, if I remember correctly.

Some Random Pictures of my daughter and/or me:

Some random thoughts about me:

1.  I had no sense of rhythm in high school, and I took dance lessons so I could make it into our school show choir.  I later became the sole choreographer at the Christian school where I worked in Texas and choreographed musicals such as My Fair Lady and  Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.


2.  I married the first man I ever dates, and almost 10 years later, I divorced him due to mental illness on his part.

3.  I was briefly engaged to someone I met online after my divorce, and I quickly broke it off when I realized I was on the rebound (not due to my husband but my best friend who had almost proposed to me over the phone but then decided he didn't want to marry me).

4.  I taught music for 11 years, and now I have been a substitute teacher in 10 Washington state districts for three years.

5.  I am told on a regular basis by the students I sub for that I have a Texas accent, but no one else (myself included) hear this accent in my voice.

6.  I wrote my first book as a teenager, and it was over 300 pages long.  I never published it.

7.  My first Hollywood crush was Danny Kaye.  (Look him up online if you don't know who he was.)

8.  I grew up listening to oldies from the 1940's through 1960's.  I have only been discovering 1980's music and later in the past few years.

9.  I gave birth to my daughter at my home in Texas.  It was a planned home birth with a midwife.  My husband at the time was skateboarding in the garage as I was going into labor.

10. I have been a Christian for most of my life, and I have honestly never turned my back on Him.

I could say  lot more, but I think I will leave it at that.  I am glad that I made it to 38 although I feel like I am 25 years old, and I look better than I did back then.  Mainly because I am much healthier now both physically and mentally.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here