Saturday, June 30, 2012

This Day in History June 30, 1985

I tell you, this had to be orchestrated by God because I could not have timed this any better.  Guess who was born on this date?  Michael Phelps!  Yes, just in time for the Summer Olympics!  He was born on this date in 1985.

I remember Michael Phelps from the last summer Olympics.  In total, he was won 16 medals, and he has broken all sorts of records.  I remember his mother, and I remember how awestruck I was with him.  He is not perfect by any means.  There were allegations concerning performance-enhancing drugs and marijuana use.  I was pleased to discover that he admitted to making bad choices at times but glad that all tests proved negative for steroids or anything like that.

He will competing again this year.  He is older than he once was so he may not be top any more, but he is still one amazing athlete.  I look forward to seeing him compete again this year!



For a lot more information, please check out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Phelps
http://www.webcitation.org/5sG7LpKho

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to watch the Olympics this Summer. It will be great to see if Michael Phelps can bring it again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here