Thursday, April 11, 2013

This Day in History April 11, 1954

Did you ever feel like it was an absolutely boring day?  I think my daughter would say her spring break has been fairly boring.  But honestly, just like this empty file, on this date in 1954, nothing happened.  That is, nothing of any consequence.  According to a team of Cambridge scientists, that was the date that is considered the most boring day in the 20th century.  Can you believe that people actually study such things?  No major news events, no births or deaths of famous people--nothing of any consequence.  This is according to the software True Knowledge (which no longer exists--its name has changed) which took 300 million facts, and nothing was discovered for this day.  Evidently, finding the most exciting day of the century is a much harder task.

For more info:
http://newslite.tv/2010/11/26/april-11-1954-most-boring-day.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20024164-501465.html
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/11/30/131701307/was-april-11-1954-really-the-most-boring-day

10 comments:

  1. Wow, people will just study about anything won't they! I don't think I would have thought to find the most boring day in history haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! Nothing happened!

    I am sorry your daughter was bored on Spring break. It was rainy here, but my grandson had a wonderful time anyway! Yes, we played in the rain :-) LOL

    Have a blessed day!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boring is good- it means no catastrophes or bad news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funny tidbit of info. My son was saying he was bored. I can explain that the world was in 1959 too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fuuny and interesting fact!!! i remember being in school and telling our aunt we were bored.... meant bad news at one time she had us cleaning base boards and walls lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is pretty cool, I really hope this will be the most boring day of this century too - enough stupid events

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's funny that this is the most boring day ever. I have actually had a pretty good day. Yes, it hasn't been crazy eventful, but I have definitely had days that were far more boring in my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, who knew! Lol. I didn't know such a site existed that worked through all those facts to find out what happened on this day. Today has been interesting, but not really exciting. IT had chances for a great day but things kept roadblocking the fun things we went to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually kind of find this amusing. I like that there is a day that just stands alone like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is amazing. It seems there is something that has happened on just about every day! Maybe the fact that it was a quiet day is good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here