Friday, July 29, 2011

Free-Wheeling Friday--SHANKZ Glow Golf Review (Olympia, WA)


I don't usually review local places, but I just thought I had to take a moment to review this wonderful place my daughter, her friend, and I went today.

A few weeks ago, I saw a deal come through on Mamsource.  I make it a point to subscribe to as many daily deal sites as  possible.  I admit that I do not often buy a deal, but there are those moments that I do.  And this just happened to be one of them.  The deal was two adults and two kids for about half off or more, and I bought it at once.

SHANKZ is a black light miniature golf place.  Saying all that does not do it justice.  I had remembered seeing this place before because it is right next door to our favorite IHOP (another great place!).  I realize that I took a chance, but my daughter loves miniature golf, and I just thought this would be perfect for her.

Originally, I thought another adult might come along, but it just didn't work out.  But even so, we saved money, so I am not bothered.  

Now, how do I explain this place.  When we got there, I gave the voucher to the gentleman at the desk, and he knew exactly what to do--I am so glad when there are no problems with vouchers!  I asked the man what to do, and he led us behind the black curtain into a wonderland of black light and florescent colors.  The themes included underwater creatures/scenes, the jungle, and even prehistoric creatures!  I  wanted to take some pictures, but I knew my phone would have none of it.  So here are some internet images:



My Daughter's Favorite

All in all, this was a fantastic time.  Martha (my daughter) and Meghan (her friend) were so excited about everything that was glowing--their shirts, their shoes, their necklaces I just bought them at Family Christian Store, and much more.  They both got a hole in one.  But did I?  Nope.  Not a chance!

It was nice that there were 18 holes that were creative but not too challenging.  They usually left me in the dust.  After the golf, they got to play in the moderately-priced small arcade attached to the place.  And of course, we ended with ice cream. 

I say all this to say:
1.  Watch the deal sites.  You might find something that you already do or buy at a huge savings.
2.  Watch the deal sites for new adventures.  Be willing to take a chance.  

Where do you find the deal sites?  I usually discover them from bloggers.  I know it can be a pain to get all those e-mails, but it is worth it when we are able to have a day like today.

What deals have you discovered near you?  Any special experiences or adventures?  I would love to hear!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here