Monday, July 4, 2011

Music Monday--A-Ha Headlines and Deadlines CD Review

This is a CD I have loved for years, so this was like going back and reviewing an old friend.  My best friend, Martin, sent me this album shortly after we began our friendship, and I liked it from the beginning.  It was completely out of my normal music genre, but I loved the upbeat songs, and Morton Hacket's falsetto is fantastic!

I think Take on Me was one of their first big hits.  This was  my introduction to the group, and I just loved it! Cry Wolf and  Touchy are also upbeat songs.  My only complaint is that sometimes I cannot understand the words to their songs, so I have not really figured out the entire story of these songs.  Okay, so I should look up the lyrics, but I haven't yet!  But I still enjoy these songs.  You Are the One is really catchy and fun.  I can't say I was ever too fond of Early Morning and Hunting High and Low.  Okay, maybe the latter is all right, but I can't see either song as their best.

Move to Memphis, I've Been Losing You, and The Living Daylights are solid songs, but Crying in the Rain is awesome.  I love the change in tempos and styles within the song.  I Call Your Name is fine, but Stay on These Roads is a solid ballad from a group that normally sings what I would call light to medium rock.  Train of Thought and The Sun Always Shines on TV. are solid songs from the group as well.


To  learn more about the group, visit their official website!

http://youtu.be/djV11Xbc914

I can only link you to the  video--embedding  is disabled by request.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here