Saturday, July 2, 2011

Satisfied Saturday--Meals This Week and a Review


For almost as long as I have been on the internet, I have loved the Taste of Home website. The recipes were always fabulous, and I knew that any recipe I chose (practically) would be fantastic!  But even I noticed that since I was not a subscriber, I did not have full access to all the recipes on their site.  I had wanted to subscribe to their magazine for quite some  time, but I was  not sure I could afford it.  And I wasn't even sure it would be a  worthwhile investment.

I am very happy to say that I finally took the plunge, and I am now a subscriber.  And I somehow believe I will be a subscriber for life!  The first magazine came (June/July 2011 issue), and it was absolutely page after page of great recipes.  Everyone passed the magazine around, and all  the ladies in the family were impressed.  I think what I loved most was that everything in the magazine is attainable by the normal American adult with very basic culinary skills.  I also appreciate the variety of foods.  I am one who often does not cook the same thing twice.  I don't know why I don't repeat recipes very often, but it's just the way it works for me.  

I made the decision last weekend that I was going to make all my recipes for the week--at least the dinners--from this magazine.  I will tell you right now that I think I could easily plan all month from this magazine and not get tired.  And for those of you who follow my meal plans on this blog, you may realize that every week I change the recipe book or website I am using to plan out meals.  But I plan on using this same magazine next week to plan out my meals.  

On to this week:
(I will be posting applicable links to the recipes, but if you are not a subscriber, you may not be able to access them.)

Meal 1:  Ham It Up Primavera
(I plan to use bacon in the place of ham since we have it on hand.  I will also be adding sugar snap peas.)

Meal 2:  Classic Cashew Beef
We may be using pork if we find that we don't have beef.

Meal 3: Bravo Italian Chicken

Meal 4: Fresh as Summer Salad
I am using macademia nuts instead of pistachios.

I will also be making two recipes using the coconut flour Tropical Traditions sent me for review.  I will be making a pumpkin muffin with cream cheese frosting and a pineapple upside down cake.  I should be posting that review by next weekend.  I will post the recipes I used when I do the review.

By the way, I was not financially compensated for reviewing Taste of Home and their magazine.  All opinions are 100 percent mine.






1 comment:

  1. Yum!! Everything looks so delicious :D

    Stopping by from Blog Frog and following your delightful blog...

    Marisa
    http://www.meyouandcreamedcorn.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here