Monday, July 18, 2011

Music Monday--Four Freshmen The Capitol Collector's Series

Tonight I am reviewing a CD that is probably not on your top ten list or even your top 100 list. But I have to say that it was nice for a change.

I think I happened to find this CD at a yard sale, and this was the first time I had ever listened to it.  It was really mellow music as I cleaned my room and put stuff away.

The first several songs made no impression on me.  I wasn't familiar with them so they didn't exactly "click" with me.  However, I have learned that sometimes  CD's have to grow on you.  And I think that the songs may have been arrange chronologically.  So their early music may not have been as nice as their later works.

Mood Indigo and It Never Occurred to Me were the first ones that caused my ears to perk up.  I was vaguely familiar with these songs, and the sound was more mature.

Song #15 was the best song of all--Graduation Day. That seriously had to be a big hit for them.  I knew  that song, and it was possibly the reason I bought the CD.  And all the songs following this were more familiar.  Route 66--how can you go wrong?   I loved #17--It Could Happen to You.  Fantastic song about not falling in love and yet you do without realizing it.  Classic!  And #21 And So It's Over--how could it be more appropriate?

I tried to fault their harmony, but never once was their harmony out of tune--at least on this CD.  Sometimes the melody was overshadowed by the harmony, but I could not fault their sound.  All I can say is that you have to be in the mood for these kinds of songs if you are going to listen to it.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here