Friday, March 25, 2011

Free-Wheeling Friday--Amazon Android App Store

I don't know if you know, but Amazon just this week launched a fantastic app store for your Android device.

  I have a G! phone, and although it is not a new phone, it works well.  I have been increasingly disenchanted with the Android Market.  I had downloaded something else to help me find apps, but for the most part, that app has apps that are not compatible with my device.

I got an e-mail, and I downloaded their app store.  The best feature, I think, is that they are giving away a free app every day--at least for a while.  So far, I hadn't really seen anything I needed until today.  Today the featured app was Shazam Encore.    There is a free version, but I got to download the paid version for free.  I wasn't sure I would use it, but I am sold on it!  I am one of those people who is always listening to new music on the radio and forgetting to look it up later.  Imagine being able to hold up your phone to the radio and having your phone tell you the singer, the song, etc.  That is what I did today!  It was awesome!  The free version only lets you "tag" 5 songs per month, but I have the paid version (for free), and I have unlimited tags.  I am excited to start looking up some new music tonight!

Check it out, if you get a chance!            

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here