Monday, March 7, 2011

Music Monday--Challenge Week #10

Okay, I did not finish my review of this album.  It is a 2-CD set,  and so I  do not want to review  it until I get both CD's  done!

So tonight I thought I would concentrate on what my daughter and I are doing on September 7.  We are going to be going to see Taylor Swift!  Okay, I know what you might be thinking.  No,  not her.  Who cares?  Or who is Taylor Swift?

Let me tell you why Taylor Swift is my current favorite singer.  I will tell you that when she first came on the country scene, I couldn't stand her.  I really had no idea quite how young she was, and she just didn't seem "all there."  I didn't particularly care for her song Tim McGraw.

Things began to change when I saw her either of CMT or GAC, and she was preparing to release her second single.  I remember listening to the words and watching the video--Teardrops on My Guitar.  Who can't relate to unrequited high school love?  I had a secret crush in high school.  I understood how Taylor Swift felt.  Then she released Picture to Burn.  Not too impressive, but okay.  I really liked Our Song.  And somehow things began to change.

By the time she was preparing to release her second CD, I had borrower her first from the library and decided to download it.  I remember watching her sing Shoud've Said No, and she was soaked in rain because, as she described it, she had always wanted to do that on stage.

Something really special happened with the release of her first single from her second album.  The song was Love Story, and the video was gorgeous.  But God gave me something through that song--hope.  I can't tell you how many times God has used that song to remind me that things will eventually work out between Martin and me, and I must not give up.

Now, Taylor Swift is not the greatest singer in the world--I wish she would take voice lessons to preserve her precious gift.  But her songs are unbelievable.  And they are all related to her life experience.  And the thing I love about her the most--she has not gone the road of the majority of young entertainers!  They can't find dirt on her, and she has is actually a positive role model.  Go figure!  She cares about her fans, and she is conscious of the fact that she is inspiring young people.

So here is her most current single--by far her best song, I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here