Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Twinkle Tuesday--Chobani Greek Yogurt Review


First of all, my new theme for Tuesday is "Twinkle Tuesday."  This gives me a chance to do weekly reviews of things that are important to me and to my family.  I will be sure to spotlight something special!

Chobani Greek Yogurt has become my yogurt of choice.  I first discovered it at Costco this summer, I believe.  I have only tried three flavors so far--blueberry, peach, and strawberry.  I had tried Greek yogurt before, but I wasn't too happy with it.  That all changed with this brand.  I love the thickness of the yogurt and the flavor.  It is not too sweet--which is nice for a change.  And it is very filling.

Which brings me to the nutrition facts.  Chobani has twice the amount of protein compared with other yogurts--14 grams per serving.  No fat--that's nice.  And while it uses sugar, the calories are only 140 per yogurt.  

I noticed on their website that they have a lot of recipes.  I have to admit that I have never thought of making anything with their yogurt, but I may just have to try a few.  I did not realize that this product can be found in other stores besides Costco!  Be sure to check out their list to find stores near you that carry the yogurt.  I would also suggest checking out their blog.  It looks quite informative.

Just so all of you will know, Chobani did not compensate me for this post--in fact, they do not even know that I am reviewing their product.  I plan to let them know!  All these opinions are completely my own.


3 comments:

  1. I too have also tried other brands of Greek yogurt, and some of them just don't have the right texture or creaminess, but I agree with you that Chobani is just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that Chobani isn't too sweet, that it's filling and the fruit tastes like it should. Your review expressed my thoughts on this wonderful Greek yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here