Sunday, March 20, 2011

Solution Sunday--A New Challenge Tonight

Okay, first of all, sorry for not posting my recipes this week--I did them,  but I just did not get around to posting.  If I have time tomorrow, I will get caught up on this.

Next, I did not get a lot done with my challenges this week, but I am giving myself this weekend off--we had company.  I will get caught up with posting about them this coming week.  Really, between company and things at home, I just cannot get to it all.

And last, you read this right.  I am joining in a new challenge--book challenge.  It is not something really different, but I am going to spend the time posting about it tonight and catching up with everything on my challenges next weekend.  I am sure you are tired of hearing about all my many woes, but family trouble does sometimes put a damper on things.

Over at Callapidder Days, I will be linking up for the following challenge:

Her rules are very simple (which is why I am adding this).  And you have until the 24th of this month to link up and join in (if you want to be eligible for the prizes).  It is truly the easiest you will ever find if you like to read.  What I love about this challenge (I did one of hers last fall) is that I am able to plan out the books I am reading and actually make a list.  So rather than wondering what I am reading next, it is all in front of me.  And there are no penalties if you cannot do all the reading you say you will do.

So here are the books I plan to read:
1.  Slow:  Life in a Tuscan Town (currently reading; want to read)
2.  The Cat Who Robbed a Bank (just started yesterday; for the Mystery Challenge)
3.  Defiant Joy: The Remarkable Life & Impact of G.K. Chesterton (reading this for publisher review)
4.  The Daughter's Walk: A Novel (for published review)
5.  How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships ( for the What 's in  a Name? challenge)
6.  Tess of the D'Urbervilles (Penguin Classics) (for the Historical Fiction challenge--and I want to read it!)
7.  Mansfield Park (Barnes & Noble Classics Series) (for the Jane Austen challenge)
8. Adam Bede (Oxford World's Classics) (for the historical fiction challenge?)
10.  If God Is Good: Faith in the Midst of Suffering and Evil (knocking out two birds with one stone--the operation read  the Bible challenge and the What's in a Name? challenge)
12. His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, Book 1) (historical fiction)

All these books are ones I either or own or are readily available at the library.  This list may change, but this looks good for now.  I look forward to finishing this challenge!


1 comment:

  1. I just read His Majesty's Dragon last fall (at the urging of my husband) and really enjoyed it. I need to get going on the rest of that series. I've also read all the Cat Who... books. Cute series. Thanks for being part of SRT '11 -- enjoy your spring reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here