Tuesday, January 1, 2013

"Children and Divorce: Children Teaching Children About Divorce" Review


I am a victim of a divorced family (even though my parents did remarry each other, but that's another story). Unfortunately, my daughter is also a victim of divorce since I had no choice but to divorce for our protection, but that is also another story.  Divorce is something that affects almost everyone at some point in their lives whether directly or indirectly.  In my daughter's case, she doesn't even remember her dad, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't affect her.  She has actually been mad at me in the past for divorcing her dad because it means that she is not like everyone else in her class.  They all have dads, and she doesn't.  She is now 9 1/2, and she sometimes goes through struggles that are similar to how I felt when my parents were divorced.  I do empathize with her.

I want to tell you about a phenomenal film called Children and Divorce: Children Teaching Children About Divorce.  It is a great educational film that is put out by Professor Child.  It is exactly what it says it is. Children speak candidly about several different aspects of divorce.  They are honest, and sometimes quite emotional.  So often children are harmed in ways we can't imagine within the divorce process.  Many portions of the film would not relate to my daughter, but I want her to realize that she is not alone.  She is not the only child who has experienced divorce, and sometimes she does feel alone.

At this point, my daughter has not seen this video.  She has had such a busy schedule, and I haven' t wanted her to watch this film during the holidays.  It just didn't seem the right time.  I do plan to take her through it bit by bit so she can thoroughly absorb it, and we can discuss it.  I love the fact that it is only children talking, and you don't even have adult interaction in the film.  The kids are all different ages, and they are willing to tell it like it is.  I notice there are other films on the site that deal with subjects such as grief and military families, and I am sure these would be outstanding as well.  I invite you to check these out if you and your children have ever experienced any of the issues discussed.  I can assure you that you will not be disappointed.




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Ruth, I loved your post and videos. I wish your great success withthis project!!

    Micki Peluso

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here