Friday, October 22, 2010

Fortified Friday #5--Good Recipes!!

Last week's meals were great!  We have bought the Make It Fast, Cook It Slow in spite of any negative amazon reviews I read.  Don't believe everything you hear.  The only recipe we haven's tried yet is the Peking Pork.  The Bean Stew was fantastic--we added some ground beef to it,  and the flavor was superb!  And those rice krispies treats--they were so easy and even become somewhat caramelized.  I highly recommend the book.

This week, we had to recycle the Peking Pork Chop recipe because some family members are coming on Sunday for dinner, and this means we cook a roast.  Just so you know, my mom is actually the one who has been cooking the recipes.  I want to give her credit.  She appreciates my planning the meals out.  I love cooking,  but when one leaves at 6 in the morning and sometimes doesn't get back till nearly 5, it makes  things tough.  So we share the cooking.  It is imperative that I plan out easy meals.

So I will only be listing 3 meals and 1 dessert.  I did make an apple crisp one evening from the Fix-It and Enjoy-It! 5-Ingredient Recipes: Quick and Easy--for Stove-top and Oven!  I got this from the library, and I plan to use it  for meals soon.  We were very pleased with the apple crisp recipe.

The three recipes come from a magazine that I waited for a long time to place a subscription.  I am a Rachael Ray fan--always have been since I first heard of her and watched her 30-minute meals show.  I wanted her magazine, but I waited till I get could get it cheaply.  And I think  I got a year's subscription for about 5 dollars or so.  Not bad.  So from "Every Day With Rachael Ray" October 2010 issue:

Meal 1:  p. 130--Dripping Roast Beef Sandwiches with Melted Provolone, veggies, chips/fries

Meal 2:  p. 36 Fiery Penne, garlic bread, salad

Meal 3:  p. 81 Turkey Strudel, veggies

Dessert:  p. 29 Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Snack:  p. 54 Halloween Chex Mix  (I have to make this for my daughter!)

All right, there you are.  Pretty easy.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I love cooking Rachael Ray!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here