Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Twilight Tuesday--Fighting a Cold

Well, I could have really gotten upset, but I didn't.  And it is only by the grace of God that I didn't.

I went off to my sub job today feeling all right but not fantastic.  I discovered at 1 in the morning that I came down with a cold.  But I didn't feel too horrible.  I went off to work, and of course, I ran into traffic.

I arrived, and it was clear they were a little ticked  I was late--oh well.  They told me where to go.  I headed to the  room, and  the teacher was there!  I called the office,  and they told me to come back.  Somehow this job was put into the  system although it was assigned to someone  else.  I should not have been able to pick up the job.  There was no job available in the district.  They apologized, and  back I went.  Home.

Now, I could have chosen to get upset-I could have.  After all it is a 45-minute drive to work.  But no problem. God knew.  And the first thing I thought was, "God knew  I needed to rest."  And I have rested.

While one may wonder why it happened, I really don't care.  I am taking tomorrow off,  too.  I haven't felt horrible.  Goodness, I would have gone to work if I had had a normal teaching job.

So in the midst of all this, what is the song I cling to? You know, I just feel like praising the Lord and knowing that He will work everything out in His own time.  If you are the twilight shadows awaiting His hand, cling to this truth:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here