Friday, October 29, 2010

Fortified Friday #6--And Another New Cookbook

Last week's recipes are not all quite done, but the ones we have tried are great!

First of all, the Peking Pork Chops from a couple weeks ago were awesome!  I loved the flavor.  We are very happy with Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: The Big Book of Everyday Slow Cooking cookbook!  We even made the gingerbread latte recipe from it last weekend, and it was good.  I made it too spicy,but it was nice.

Last week's beef sandwiches and fiery penne were great from Rachael Ray's magazine.  I also made the Halloween chex mix, and we are planning to make more chex mix soon.

So to this week.  We will finish up with the Turkey Strudels this weekend.  And I still have the white chocolate crasins cookies to make, but here are the other meals.  I just did get the Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet cookbook from the library, and I thought, let's plan meals from here.  At least for Tuesday and Wednesday.  Martin comes in this week, and we'll have to rethink what we are  doing for Thursday and Friday.

Meal 1:  Chunky Veggie Pumpkin Chili p. 176
Meal 2:  Stuffed Chick Cordon Bleu p. 94

I honestly am not going to list any more meals until I find out what the end of the week holds for us.  But this will be a good start for us.  I have never had pumpkin chili, and this gives me a chance to try it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here