Wednesday, October 3, 2012

This Day in Hstory October 3, 1995


OJ Simpson Not Guilty Verdict by TECHNOLOGOS

This is one of those dates that I can tell you exactly where I was when I heard this verdict.  I was in college, and I had class at exactly the time that the verdict was to be aired live.  I hadn't followed the trial really well, but I knew what was going on.  How could you not in ths country?  I was shocked with everyone else that the jury had come back so quickly.  I was in a music classroom with my professor (that I did not care for, and this is probably the only nice thing he ever did for us).  We were discussing the verdict, and he got the television out, and we sat there and watched it.  And we were all stunned.  On this date in 1995, O.J. Simpson was found not guilty for killing his ex-wife and her friend.

Since that time, there he lost a wrongful death lawsuit, and he has even gone to prison on another charge.  O.J. Simpson continues to maintain his innocence to this date.  And, of course, with our legal system, there's really nothing that could be done to him anyway.  He was found not guilty, and he cannot be tried again.

For more information, check out:
http://famousdaily.com/history/oj-simpson-not-guilty.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here