Sunday, April 15, 2012

This Day in History April 15, 1865

Well, this was a terrible date in our history.  On this date in 1865, President Lincoln died from the gunshot wound he received nine hours before.  You might know the story how he and his wife were watching a show in Ford's Theater.  John Wilkes Booth shot him in the back.  And it was about 1 P.M. the next day when this revered sixteenth president died.

If ever I am asked who my favorite president is, indeed I will say Abraham Lincoln.  I don't live in a dream world where I worship him or say that he did everything perfectly.  I have learned a lot about him through the years, and sometimes I hear disturbing things.  But when it comes down to it, I feel that he was the finest president we ever had, and it is a terrible shame that his life was snuffed out so early.

For more information, please check out:
http://www.historylink.org/index.cfm?DisplayPage=output.cfm&file_id=858
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/lincoln-dies-from-an-assassins-bullet

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here