Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Rascal Flatts Changed CD Review and Flyaway Contest






You may have noticed this widget in my sidebar, and I thought I would let you know a little bit more about why it is there.




I became a fan of Rascal Flatts when I first heard them sing in the First Cars movie:  "Life is a Highway."  I liked the song, and I enjoyed the video.  And, my daughter, became a big time fan of theirs.  So I thought I would check them out.  I bought a CD or two, and I really enjoyed their songs.


Some time after that, I noticed a change I did not like in the group.  Their music did not seem to be of the same caliber.  I noticed that the lead singer became rather heavy (I'm not complaining--I was actually concerned about his health), and his hair stuck up higher and higher each time I saw him.  I also found that every song they were singing featured their lead singer straining to sing notes that were too high for him.


About a year ago (give or take), I heard that they had switched recording companies, and they were now with Big Machine Records, the same company as Taylor Swift.  I began to notice a change.  It seemed that the lead singer had lost weight, and his hair was under control.  Their sound was better, and their song choice was pretty good.  I began to like the songs they were singing.


A couple weeks ago, they performed on Dancing With the Stars, and I was impressed with their song "Changed."  One thing I had initially appreciated about them was that they often sang songs that meant something.  And this was a definite return to that style.  I got on Amazon and instantly ordered their new CD which I have not stopped playing in my car's stereo since it arrived!


Their new CD Changed is a return to what Rascal Flatts does best.  No straining, songs that mean something, and country-infused rock/pop songs!  My favorite song is still "Changed," but I also love "Banjo" amongst others.  


There is also a contest, as I mentioned.  Here's the info about that.


About the Flyaway Contest
One lucky winner and their guest will be treated to two tickets and meet-and-greet passes to see Rascal Flatts on their summer American Band Tour kicking off in June with Eli Young Band, Little Big Town and Edens Edge. They'll even get the rock star treatment with round-trip airfare and a night’s stay in a hotel. Contest ends April 30th.



Either click on the widget above or here.


The information I have shared here is provided by http://www.one2onenetwork.com of which I am a member.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I found you from the Drop it Like It's Hot Blog Hop. I am now following you on Pinterest, GFC and I sent you a friend request on Facebook.
    I too love Rascal Flatts. I remember when they sang on DWTS (secretly obsessed with that show). lol

    I invite you to stop by my Facebook page. I am having an Avon Giveaway once I reach 700 fans. Thanks so much!!


    Have a great day! Julie from Stlavonlady Beauty Tips and Tricks, Savings & More!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here