Thursday, April 19, 2012

This Day in History April 20, 1889

I promise that I do not feature this person so he can be immortalized.  April 20, 1889 brought a very evil man into the world--Adolf Hitler.  I honestly don't want to say very much about him except to say that he was the dictator of Germany during the time of WWII.  His plan was to take over the world, or at least, reclaim the Germanic lands.  And he was well on his way to doing that.  He was the one who massacred more Jews during the Holocaust than I would care to mention.  He was a charismatic leader, but he was evil to the core. He died at his own hand.

I am glad to know that most of the students I teach still know who he was.  I can only hope and pray that there will never be another Hitler.  He was a smart man, but he was also borderline crazy, in my opinion.

I only used one site to verify my information--most of this I already knew:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry you are no immortilizing him. It's this Day in History, we can't change history but we can change the future!

    Visiting from the Drop it Like its Hot Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a day that took place in this world, hope people look at this and think different now. Visiting from Voiceboks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I see his photo or watch documentaries about him and the Holocaust, I never fail to wonder how could there have been a person as vile and as ruthless as him that lived in our world. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is very important to keep Hitler in our memory as we never want to repeat what happened before - forgetting gleads to repeating.
    Leigh
    www.oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more we remember, the least we forget what happened.

    It's important that people remember, so we don't like it happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. History is important to remember so the same mistakes are not repeated.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here