Saturday, July 28, 2012

This Day in History July 28, 1941



So, what do Optimus Prime and Eeyore have in common?  You might be surprised.  It was on this date in 1941 that Peter Cullen was born.  Who is Peter Cullen?  Read on for more information.

Peter Cullen was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.  In 1963, he became a member of the first graduating class of the National Theatre School of Canada.  And I can hear you now--so what does that have to do with...Just hold on, I'm getting there.

He is a voice-over actor with an incredibly impressive list of characters he has done over the years.  His most famous character (and his personal favorite) is Optimus Prime.  He has done everything from animated TV shows to blockbuster movies.  In fact, when I saw his name, I really wondered why I recognized his name, and when I saw his list of works, I understood why.  

He has been the modern day Eeyore voice.  And he has done everything from The Jetsons to G.I.Joe, to Duck Tales to Knight Rider.  The list seems rather endless.  He was even the first person to voice Mario!

I know you might find this hard to believe, but I have never seen anything with the Transformers.  Yeah, I'm probably behind the times, but it is just not my thing.  I know my daughter would love to see the movies, but I think I need to wait a few years.  I was impressed with this video, however.

For more information, please check out this information about the "birthday boy." (And for the Transformers fans out there, the next installment Transformers 4 is scheduled to come out in 2014.)


Photo sources:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here