Saturday, August 4, 2012

Little Passports Review

So how many of you have the money to travel all over the world?  You probably did not expect that question, did you?  It was a rather rhetorical question, to say the least.  I would venture to say that the majority of us cannot afford to go traveling all over the world.  Until I was an adult, I only traveled through the states, Canada, and Mexico.  As an adult, I have been privileged to go to Yemen and England.  There are so many places I would love to go, and I would love for my daughter to go (she went to England when she was 3, if you can believe it!).

What would you say if I told you there was a way to give your child a virtual tour of the world.  Yes, it is possible.  And it is all thanks to Little Passports, a fantastic company I have had the privilege to review over the past few weeks.  You can see in the picture above how excited my daughter is about it!  This company offers several different subscriptions to give your child virtual tours of countries all over the world, and your child will receive special souvenirs, stickers, and stories centered around the adventures of Sofia and Sam (your virtual tour guides).  There are several different subscription levels, and I think everyone can find a level that will work in their particular situation.

We got the first month explorer kit that came in the container you see.  When we opened up the delightful container, we found several little goodies inside.  There is passport where you can track all the places you go.  There is a wall world map, and there is a code you can use to go online and play games.  I will be honest--my daughter has not played the games yet.  I did, however, and I was amazed at how much I did not know!  She absolutely loved the map.  Maps are a love of hers anyway, and I was pleased to see her enthusiasm.

I will be honest.,  This is a program that requires you to subscribe to it in order to officially enjoy and appreciate it.  The first month's kit is merely and introduction.  It is the ensuing months where all the exciting stuff happens.  I can easily see this as something that would be perfect in homeschool and also as an extension for the inquisitive child.  Geography is something that is not taught like it used to be.  As a teacher, I am always amazed how many students do not know where countries are in the world.  They don't even know their U.S. Geography well.  I believe this is something that would appeal to upper elementary kids and possibly middle school as well.  The design is terrific, and the graphics online are certainly bright and colorful.


In addition to checking out their site, be sure to like them on facebook to keep up with their various updates and lots of fun stuff.



Of course, I am not the only one reviewing this.  Be sure to check out what others in the group have to say as well.



As a member of Karma Media I received this product from (insert company name) in hopes of obtaining a review. All opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here