Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lust Garden Guest Post


Today, Billy Jolie, author of The Lust Garden, is guest posting here on my blog.  

Music for Inspiration: It’s in the Beat

Writing is my passion. It’s fun. It gives me life, and I’m not trying to be showy or narcissistic, but I truly believe that God has blessed me with the talent to play with words for the purpose of entertaining others. It’s a gift.

With that being said, writing has never been easy for me. It’s an act of self-discipline. It’s hard work! I fully immerse myself in the world of my characters. I become them, I lead their lives, and The Lust Garden was quite exhausting at times. Not to mention all the distractions at my fingertips – mainly the Internet and social media. I’m certainly guilty of taking too many writing breaks spent constantly refreshing Twitter!

So, when I need to focus, when I need to find my drive, it’s always music that gets me in the mood to write. All it takes for me is that perfect song, and I’m there, I’m in the zone.

Writing my novel was like getting on a rollercoaster without restraints – so many highs and lows. I was constantly flipping perspectives, feeling a myriad of emotions for different characters. And when I say low, I don’t mean that I was upset, just that some of the characters are in very, very dark places in their lives.

I thought it would be fun to share some of the songs that I listened to while I was writing The Lust Garden. Looking back, it’s like my personal “novel playlist” I’m giving you, and some of these tracks I listened to on repeat for hours!

Can you find Gianna, Rachyl and the rest of the characters in these songs?

Piece of Me – Britney Spears
Dancing on My Own – Robyn 
Bad Romance – Lady GaGa
Possession – Sarah McLachlan
Only Girl (In the World) - Rihanna
Come Here Boy – Imogen Heap
Hot Summer – Monrose
My Love – Sia
The Most Wonderful Girl – Lords of Acid
Gravity – Sara Bareilles
I Wanna Dance with Somebody – Whitney Houston
Tears Dry on Their Own – Amy Winehouse

To enter her giveaway and read more about the book, be sure to click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here