Thursday, August 9, 2012

Moody Bands Review

Photobucket

Do you ever struggle with talking about your emotions?  I know that sometimes it is hard for me to talk about how I am feeling.  My daughter sometimes struggles with this concept as well.  Wouldn't it be nice if you had a way to get your friends and family talking about how they feel in a non-threatening, fun way?

Evidently, that is how Moody Bands feels, too.  They have created a revolutionary product that uses soft bands that will help to make identifying emotions just a little bit easier.  There are six Moody Bands, and each one features an emotion, a matching "face", and a corresponding color.  The emotions features are the six major emotions we experience:  happy, sad, excited, nervous, angry, and tired.  The "angry" band displays an angry face on a red background.  The "sad" band features a crying face on a blue background.  You probably get the idea.

What I appreciate about these is that in addition to being very soft (my daughter loved the feel of them), they are a non-threatening way to match words and pictures to how your children are feeling.  It teaches children that emotions are not wrong, but they are real.  Stuffing emotions inside yourself is never a good idea.  We must talk about the way we feel.  And it is sometimes hard to do that--for everyone.


Watch the way my daughter and I interacted using these Moody Bands.


Moody Bands on facebook

If you would like to read the thoughts of others on the Karma Media team, please check out their reviews as well:


I received Moody Bands as part of a Karma Media campaign. All opinions are 100% mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here