Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday--Noxema Shaving Cream Review

Several years ago, I began using a hair minimizing shaving gel.  Originally, it was recommended in a magazine I was reading, and I was very happy with the results.  I was very disappointed when the company stopped making it.  I remember ordering it, and I was sent another product in return.  And no, it was not as good.

I began actively searching for a replacement product.  I loved hair minimizing gels.  I had used everything from the newest razor out there to depilatories, to the newest shaving cream out there.  But I had the most success with hair minimizing gels.  But they are not easy to come by!

Then as I was looking around, I came upon this:

I had never seen this is a store, and I was intrigued.  I read a few reviews, and then I knew that Noxema Hair Minimizing Gel had to be one to try.  And it was exactly the product I was looking for.  I couldn't have been happier.  

First of all, a little of the product goes a long way.  It is a gel, and it foams up very nicely.  It has a lot of moisturizers in it (which you would expect from Noxema!), and it gives you a nice close shape.  Legs, arms, and even the bikini area.  That is the easy part.  Many shaving creams can boast this.

But here is where the product stands out from the others.  I have dark, coarse hair on my body.  It has lightened some with age, but it still is coarse, thick, and it grows back quickly.  With other creams I used, I could usually skip one day.  The hair would grow back within hours, and the smoothness of my skin would be lost.  I had been known to shave every day sometimes!

With this product, I discovered that I could go one, two, and sometimes even three days without shaving!  By three days, the hair is becoming visible, but it was certainly passable.  I could not believe how this stuff worked!  I have tried a couple other products here and there to compare, but nothing has beat Noxema Hair Minimizing Shave gel.  I always make sure I have some on hand.  When I have run out, it has not been a pretty picture!

My only complaint with this product is that I have to order it online.  I have never seen it in a store, and according to the reviews I have read, other people have the same complaint.  But as long as I can keep buying it online, I will continue to use it.  If it ever is discontinued, I honestly don't know what I would do.

By the way, this review is not sponsored in any way.  I did not receive anything from the company.  All the views expressed are my own.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here