Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday--Wii Fit Plus Review


Okay, I will be honest.  I was really slow entering into the video game world.  I never owned an Atari back in the '80's.  I never owned any kind of video game system.  I can remember playing my brother's handheld Pac Man game and thinking that was the absolute greatest thing in the world!



And when I babysat my two nieces the summer before I went to college, I got hooked on their old game system--some kind of old Nintendo system.   I was so good at the Bugs Bunny game on there!  I think I played it 4-5 hours a day.  It was the first thing I did and the last thing I did each day.

I didn't play games like that again until getting a computer.  I got hooked on solitaire.  I sometimes played games online out of boredom.  And as my daughter got older, I almost vowed that I would never get her any of the newfangled video game systems.  I finally got her a V-tech Vsmile.

I remember that I had begun to hear about the Nintendo Wii, and Wii Fit Plus was all the rage.  I couldn't imagine working out with a video  game, and I also knew how expensive they were.  My daughter wanted a Wii, but I didn't see it coming any time soon.

Last year, about May or so (when I was just beginning to follow blogs), I got a fantastic deal from Amazon on a Nintendo Wii.  My daughter was so excited--she didn't seem to want to share it with anyone.  So we now owned a Wii Game system, and I had to say I liked it.

I began to research buying a Wii Fit Plus, but I couldn't justify it.  I belong to a gym, after all.  What could it do that my gym in town couldn't?  Well, let me tell you this.  We don't live in town--we live in the country.  It is a 15 minute drive into town.  That is not always convenient.  Especially if we have bad weather or don't go into town one day.  This product has been a lifesaver!  Of course, I had my first and only dog bite while using the system, but I highly recommend it.

My favorite part of the system itself is that it continues to challenge you.  And it will not let you cheat!  It forces you to do the exercise the right way.  What I don't like are the body tests and the way it figures out what your Wii fit age is.  I also don't like it when it says you are overweight!  It's good motivation because you want to lose that excess weight.  The scale is very accurate on it, also.  And the trainer is a nice feature.  I can't stand the male trainer, but the female trainer is great.  My daughter enjoys it, too.  She prefers to do some of the activities--she has greatly improved her balance.  I am still working on mine.

I realize this is an investment.  If you do not have a Nintendo Wii, you have to get that first.  When getting a Wii Fit Plus, you must get the one with balance board.  Don't get the cheaper version without the balance board--it's just not worth it.  Make the investment, and you will find that you can exercise at home just as easily as you can in a gym.

Just so you know, I was not compensated for this review, and they are my own ideas. Thanks for reading!






1 comment:

  1. I loved my Wii Fit, Just have not been on it forever now my son is playing Skylanders on the WII now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here