Saturday, March 24, 2012

This Day in History--Quote of the Day for March 24

I thought I would do something  little bit different today.  I found the quote of the day on this site:
"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some hire public relations writers."
- Daniel J. Boorstin

How true that is!  Some of the "great" people in this world are only great because they have great PR.   I thought I would take a moment to tell you about Daniel J. Boorstin.
It just so happens that he was the twelfth librarian of the U.S. Congress (1975-1987). He received a Pulitzer Prize for his book The Americans: The Democratic Experience.  He believed that U.S. thinking was superior to European ways of thinking.  He was the author of several books.  He was definitely an intelligent, accomplished man, and I think that his quote does say a lot.

For more information, please check out:
http://www.answers.com/topic/daniel-j-boorstin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_J._Boorstin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here