Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Twinkle Tuesday--Progress Cards Review--Back To School Sampler Pack

A short time ago, I was asked to review a fantastic product--Progress Cards.  I was sent a Back to School Sampler pack which included a Progress Report and 15 cards for children to track their progress in various areas.  When I discovered that it was developed by an elementary school teacher, I was instantly hooked!

I was most impressed by the Progress Book (which you can download for free here).  While my daughter has not had a chance to fill it out yet, I am planning to have her go through it next week as a way to get her thinking about school again.  She is preparing to enter the third grade, and I think it is high time for her to develop her own goals and track her progress without her teacher or her grandmother or me harping on her.  She is already a very self-driven child, but she does tend to get sidetracked easily, and this is the very thing to keep her on the straight and narrow.

As I looked through the Back To School Progress pack of Progress Cards (download a free sample of Friendship Skills and Study Skills here), several topics caught my interest.  My daughter constantly struggles with her bedtime routine, healthy meals, and homework routine.  Guess what?  These are three topics that are covered in the Progress Cards!  (Maybe that means my daughter isn't the only one who struggles with these??)  My daughter can use these to establish her routines and track her progress on her own.  It even has the simplest of things listed on the cards--Go to the bathroom.  If you knew my daughter, you would know why this is important.  Now I can't remember the last time she had an accident, but she does tend to wait until the last minute when it comes to going to the bathroom.

Whether your child attends public school, private school, or home school, I believe that this product is something I could recommend with no hesitation.  I feel it is important for my child to "own" her actions, and this is an organized way for her to do it.  And it makes my life simpler!  Yes, I forget things sometimes, but with these cards, my excuse is gone.  And so is hers!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good way to help prepare kids for the back to school routine! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here