Saturday, August 27, 2011

Satisfied Saturday--Kitchen Aid Recipe Collection (August 28-September 3)

A couple weeks ago, I won this book from Book R Us.  I really have enjoyed going through this book, and I decided to plan my meals from this cookbook this week.  However, before I do this, let me review last week's meals.


  • The Turkey Ceasar Sandwich was fantastic!  Next time, we are going to use garlic bread that has no butter on it.  My mom and I ate it open-faced, and my dad had it with two pieces of bread.  I added bacon jam to the spread.  We had no mashed potatoes because we didn't feel like it.
  • The Cannelini Tuna Salad was also out of this world!  I added bacon jam (it's now all gone!) and feta cheese, and it was fantastic.  I used a jalapeno Greek yogurt dip as my dressing, and it was just out of this world.  Others had whatever dressing they wanted.  I also served garlic bread--butter for my parents, none for my daughter or me.
  • The chicken penne bake was awesome!  I couldn't believe how great it was!  
  • Oh, and the tuna cobb salad did turn out well from the other week!
Now on to this week (no I did not make the dessert yet).  I will give the page numbers and names of recipes.

Meal 1: Steak and Black Bean Chili (p. 78)
             Bread

Meal 2:  Fresh Spinach Couscous Salad (p. 112)

Meal 3:  Thai Fried Rice (p. 132)--add chicken

Meal 4:  (not in the cookbook)  Chicken and Wild Rice mix from Costco

Dessert:  Key Lime Pie (p. 160)


By the way, save some money on your next KitchenAid or accessories purchases by using KitchenAid coupons.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here