Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Twinkle Tuesday--Burt's Baby Bee Dusting Powder Review


As I considered my next review, I thought it might be neat to pass along a review to you of a product that you may be able to use in a nontraditional way.  In this economy, I know that I am always looking for new ways to use things I already have on hand or more inexpensive products that will perform as well as the expensive products will.

About a year or so ago, I was flipping through a magazine, and I discovered some reviews for "dry shampoo."  I had never heard of this product before.  (I know,  I'm probably behind the times.  Where have I been?)  I don't wash my hair every day.  (I know, that is a shocking bit of news, isn't it?  My daughter barely showers once a week.  Even more shocking!!)  I like to exercise, however, and sometimes my hair gets oily.  Or I put so much mousse or hairspray in my hair that I cannot brush through it the next morning.

I decided to order some dry shampoo.  I found an inexpensive product on drugstore.com, and when it arrived, I gave it a try.  Not bad, I must say.  It worked.  But, unfortunately, you had to use so much of it, and I only had a small bottle.  That didn't seem too practical even if the cost was good.

I remembered reading in that same review that Burt's Bee Dusting Powder was a good substitute for dry shampoo?  Baby powder?  On my hair?  Were they serious?  But then again, Burt's Bee has fantastic products.  Quality products that are worth paying a little more for.

So I ordered some.  And was I ever impressed!  This product exceeded my expectations.  The same stuff that you could put on your baby's body to make it soft was a perfect dry shampoo.  It smelled so good, and I could easily brush through my hair.  It absorbed all the oil.  And it did not require you to use a lot.

Were there some drawbacks?  Only a couple minor ones.  If you have dark hair, the powder may lighten your hair when you first put it on.  I am a blonde, so it was no problem for me.  Also, if you do not rub the powder into your hair well enough, you may discover it leaving a residue behind on dark-colored chairs.  That only happened to me once.  I just made sure that I rubbed it in well.

On a side note, I found myself using this again on Sunday.  I used some herbal shampoo that my daughter gave me the week of Wolf Camp (I'll talk about that more this week).  That stuff absolutely fried my hair!  It was only Burt's Bee Dusting Powder that salvaged my hair before going out to church.

So the next time you use this powder on your infant, consider trying a little in your hair.  You may be pleasantly surprised!

Disclosure:  I received no monetary compensation for this review.  All opinions are 100 percent mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here