Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday--"Kindle Kondition"

Well, I did it.  That is, my mom and I did.  Thanks to all her rewards points on amazon, we finally got a kindle.  Or at least we have ordered one.  By the end of this month, I will be able to review and read e-books.  I have to admit that I really was against getting and e-reader at first.  In my mind, it will never replace the printed book just like the CD was never replaced by the mp3 player.  At least for me.

It was actually my mother's doings.  She wanted to be able to access the Bible electronically, and she also is a big fan of Arthur Pink.  She is not a big fan of toting big books around with her that weigh a ton.  So she decided to go for it.

What sealed the deal for us is that I am being asked to review so many books now that I cannot access in print.  I have two I need to review within the next month that will not allow a print from the site.  It's annoying, but now at least I will have a way to review them. 

So with this post, I enter the 21st century at last.  There must be hope for me!

1 comment:

  1. I love my kindle...it has quickly become something that I would not want to live without. I hope your family loves it as much as I love mine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here