Monday, September 20, 2010

30 Days of Insight Day 21

  If you want to see the original challenge, click here.


Day 21- Your favorite medium of art. 


Okay, I don't know much about art.  I did teach elementary art for a couple years, and of course,  music and art do tend to overlap.  I will share my favorite artwork of all time.  It is my favorite because of the story surrounding it.



This is a portion of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel by Michaelangelo.  I think this work of art intrigues me because of how the artist had to paint  it--on his back,  upside down essentially.  When I taught this to first graders, I taped paper to the underside of their desks, and they had  to paint on their backs just like Michaelangelo.  This is an amazing portion of artwork, and I highly recommend the movie The Agony and the Ecstasy.  It chronicles this story in a fantastic way.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the idea of taping paper under the table like that! I am doing an art class for my homeschool co-op and we are studying great artists. I may borrow that idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here