Monday, September 27, 2010

Music Monday--New Country Singles Review

Okay, we got back pretty late tonight, so I am behind.  It will be quick  but hopefully still good  tonight.

I have noticed a lot of new  country singles out there.  Some, in my educated opinion, are fantastic.  Some are okay, and some are just plain bad--I won't post those.

My new favorite song is Zac Brown Band's duet with Alan Jackson called "As She's Walking Away."  When I first heard this song, I knew it was Zac Brown--it could be no one else,  but I  didn't know it was Alan Jackson until later.  I truly love this song--Zac Brown has truly come into himself in this CD.  I plan to review the entire  album at some point, but not  tonight.




And there is also a new  Taylor Swift song called "Mine" from her upcoming album.  I have to admit that when I first heard  this song, I was not  too  impressed  with it.  As I have continued to listen, there are a few lines that have spoken to me--especially the bridge section--the part beginning with 2:30 A.M.  You'll see it.  It will not ever be as good as her other songs "Love Story" and "You Belong With Me,"  but  it  is good.



Darius Rucker of Hootie and the Blowfish fame is also releasing his second country album.  I liked this song from the beginning.  He is such a nice guy, and he seems so approachable.  See what you think of his "Come Back  Song."




Now to the mediocre.  Okay, I love Reba McEntire--I saw her in concert earlier this year.  I loved it.  But she has released a song that is growing on me, but it is just not her normal  kind, I don't think it does her justice.  Here's her  "Turn on  the Radio."




And finally, Easton Corbin of "A Little More  Country Than That" has released "Roll  With It."  I have his album, and there are much better songs on it than that.  Here's a live version  of it since there is no studio video yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a-SvJgwRvE

Sorry, it won't let me embed  it.  Share your thoughts!  And share your new music, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here