Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Two Tuesday Book Posts

I am combining two Tuesday book MEME's to make things easier.  My current read is The Vixen Manual by Karrine Steffans.  I look forward to reviewing it.  I thought  I would not like it, but I sure  do!!
                                                              Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

"These principles are simple, but they require practice and awareness to develop.  A woman who knows her worth is not afraid to speak up."

Moving along to our other MEME.

Today is Music Tuesday

You can do this a couple of ways:

1. Match a song to the book you're currently reading or a book you've read already

OR

2. Just share a song that you used to listen to all the time or currently have on replay

Once you have picked a song
1. Post the video (if there is one) with the lyrics below the video

2. If you're matching it up with a book, you can add a picture of the book and a link to your review (if there is one)

I have picked a perfect song--I Am Woman (hear me roar!)


I am woman hear me roar in numbers too big to ignore
and I know too much to go back and pretend,
cause I've heard it all before
and I've been down there on the floor
and no ones ever going to keep me down again.

Oh, yes I am wise
but it's wisdom born of pain
yes I paid the price
but look how much I gained,
if I have to ... I can do anything!
I am strong (strong) I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman

You can bend but never break me
cause it only serves to make me
more determined to achieve my final goal
and I'll come back even stronger
Not a novice any longer
cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul

Oh, yes I am wise
but it's wisdom born of pain
Oh, yes I've paid the price
but look how much I gained
If I have to
I can do anything
I am strong (strong) I am invincible (invincible)
I am Woman

I am woman watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe,
as i spread my loving arms across the land,
but I'm still an embryo
with a long, long way to go
until i make my brother understand

Oh, yes I am wise
but it's wisdom born of pain-
Oh, yes I've paid the price
but look how much I gained
If I have to
I can do anything

I am strong (strong) I am invincible (invincible)

I am woman

I am Woman

I am Woman
I am Woman,
I am invincible
I am Woman 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here