Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sporadic Saturday #1

Okay, I wasn't going to start today, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought I wanted to.  I'm glad so many people are excited about what my new direction is.  I am too!

As I thought about what I would post, I thought I'd post a few favorite websites of mine for various things.  I'm not saying I'm the greatest at finding links, but I tend to always perk up when others post links.  And I often find myself saving them (and looking at them some time a year or so down the road, if you know what I mean.)


If you are every a substitute teacher for a P.E. class, I found a website that has some great ideas that anyone can implement.  I was not ever the athletic type, but I love subbing in elementary P.E. classes. I find myself truly enjoying my time.  I am sure you can put this site to good use elsewhere, but I leave that up to you.


I have a dress that needs a new zipper, and I found this site a while back.  It explains how easy it is to replace a broken zipper.  Will I ever do  it?  I will have to say--probably not--but I have the link if I ever do!!

We actually made these a couple years ago for Fourth of July.  No, they did not look like this!  We made a couple changes, but my daughter loved making them.  So here's the recipe for Dogs and Burgers Cupcakes.


Okay, this is a strange one, but  if you knew my best friend, Martin, you would understand.  He asked me one  night to look up places in the Pacific Northwest--mainly Washington state--where you could gaze at stars.  So here is the link to what I found.  Trust me, one day, he will ask me about it, and I will be able to find it.


Let me share two sites you may not have known existed.  Do you want free shipping  codes?  Do you want to save money online.  Check out http://www.freeshipping.org/ and http://www.promotionalcodes.com/.  I don't remember where I saw these, but they honestly work!  I saved money on a couple things I have bought online.  I try not to buy anything online unless it is free shipping or at least very reasonable.  And you might as well try to get a good price online.  You might be amazed if you take a little time before you buy.


Want a good time-waster?  Try http://www.games.com/game-play/scrabble-blast/single/.  I happen to love Scrabble, and this little game really does the trick.  And it's free.  What could be better?


While we're on the topic (topic?  What topic?  I thought this was sporadic Saturday!), how do you organize your favorites.  I used to just use the bookmarks organizers in Internet explorer--a browser I avoid now if at all possible--or google chrome--my favorite browser.  But I have two computers.  So that doesn't work so well.  Several months ago,  I was introduced to Springpad.  Yes, I know there are others out there, but I like how easily this  one works.  And I like adding the media to it.  I actually get upset when the computer says there is no media available even though I know there is on the web page I am saving.  But oh well.

Now it's your turn.  I've talked long enough.  




Now it's your turn.  Share a website.  Share how you organize your favorites. Share what your dog did last night.  Tell how old you were when you first rode a bike.  Share the happiest moment of your life.  Just share something.  And be as sporadic or  as random as you like!

1 comment:

  1. "Here are my top 5 favorite sites for coupons, cash back, and overall online deals.
    Retailmenot
    CouponOutlet
    Usethisvoucher
    CouponFollow
    Befrugal
    These money saving websites can help you in saving money on your online purchases.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here