Sunday, September 25, 2011

Solution Sunday--Lion King in 3D Review

Today, my daughter, her friend, my mom and I saw Lion King in 3D, and I give it a very high recommendation.  We all thoroughly enjoyed it, and it was worth it to see in the theater.

This movie has an interesting story with me.  When I was married, my then husband did not mind taking me to see the current Disney film.  I have enjoyed Disney animated films for as long as I can remember.  And what made this one different is that I didn't know the story.  Usually Disney would bring fairy tales to the screen that were well known.  This one was not.

When my then husband and I went to see this film, I absolutely loved it. He did not because it had African religion in it.  In fact, I think he wanted to leave in the middle of the film.  I think it was the last time he took me to a Disney film (or any film at all).  But I never forgot it.

When my daughter was about three, she and I went to see Lion King live on stage, and it was an unforgettable experience.  If you ever get the chance to see it on stage, definitely do it!

I knew that Lion King was going to be out of the theater before too long, and so I made the decision to take my daughter and her friend to see it today.  I decided to ask my mom to go too, and she agreed.  Much to my surprise.  My mom doesn't usually go to films, and she doesn't like animation.  But she decided to give it a go.

My mom had never seen a 3D movie in the theater, at least in recent years.  While Lion King's 3D technology cannot match the films that are made now that are originally in 3D, I was impressed.  And my mom was, too.  She loved the story, and she really was fascinated by the 3D.  I had forgotten how good this film was.  And this comes from my mother who can't stand animation!  That must tell you something.

If you are going to see it in the theater, act fast.  I think Thursday is its last day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here