Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins Book Review

My name is Katniss Everdeen. Why am I not dead? I should be dead.

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.


It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plains--except Katniss.


The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay--no matter what the personal cost. (from goodreads)



Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am in shock.  I have finally reached the end of a series that I never thought I would read.  This third and final book in the saga is easily the most violent, the most emotional, and the most fast-paced of the bunch.  There were twists and turns that I never saw coming, and I can say as others have that the book ended the way it needed to.  I know some have complained about the ending, but I felt as though I had closure after finishing the epilogue.

This entire series is something that everyone is talking about, and I do not want to give away anything.  I would say that the author has given each character their proper voice and told a tale that will give one pause to think about the future.  Could it happen?  I do not know, but I can hope and pray this book is not prophetic.  All I can say is it is not improbable.

One of the sweetest points in the whole series was that of Buttercup, the cat.  I was quite touched with this part of the story though it was a small s,ene.

If you have not read this series, I can recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone over the age of 12.



View all my reviews


Yes, I have finished the Hunger Games series.  What took me so long?  I had so many other books I had to review, and I was glad to finally finish this today.  It was interesting.  I finished the series while subbing at a middle school, and it prompted some interesting discussion.  One read the series, and one had not.  Oh, and my mom read the series.  She finished it before I did, and she really liked them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here