Saturday, October 6, 2012

Oxfam USA – World Food Day (October 16, 2012)

You would think in this day and age that hunger would be one issue that no longer faced this world.  We have knocked out so many issues that plague humanity, but this is one of those issues that does not seem to be going away any time soon.

I would like to invite you to celebrate World Food Day with Oxfam USA on October 16 this year.  Why World Food Day?  Here are a few facts for you to think about:


  • Our planet actually does have enough food for everyone, but one in seven people on this planet go to bed hungry.
  • About one third of the planet's food is wasted or lost.
  • One pound of ground beef uses more than 28,000 cups of water to produce!  (Good night!  That could fill more than 20 bathtubs!)
You know, I hear these startling statistics, and I think, "What can I possibly do?"  I am only one person, and I cannot make an impact.  I always tell my students, however, that if everyone thought like that, nothing would get done.  One person can make a difference.  And there are some things you and I can do to celebrate and remember World Food Day this October and make a difference in the lives of others.

  1. Sign up to host a World Food Day discussion here.  They will send you everything you need including a discussion guide so you can have an intelligent discussion with those closest to you.
  2. Share GROW method recipes on pinterest and they will add them to their pinterest GROW cookbook.  All you need to do is tag them #GROWmethod, and the recipes will be added.
  3. Take a picture of your World Food Day meal and share them on Instagram with the tag #WFD2012. Instagram is one of those places I know virtually nothing about.
  4. And while you're doing all this, be sure to like them on facebook, and check out the food discussion guide here.


Open publication - Free publishing

I am sharing this information on behalf of Moms Bloggers For Social Good and Oxfam USA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here