Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Litfuse Group Presents "Courting Cate" by Leslie Gould Book Review


When This Couple Gets to Courting, Sparks Will Fly!
In Paradise, Pennsylvania, Cate Miller is known more for her sharp tongue and fiery temper than her striking appearance. Her sweet and flirty sister, Betsy, on the other hand, seems to have attracted most of the bachelors in Lancaster County!
But the sisters’ wealthy father has made one hard-and-fast rule: older Cate must marry first, before younger Betsy can even start courting. Unfortunately, untamable Cate has driven away every suitor–until Pete Treger comes to town, that is.
Prodded by the men of the area, Pete turns his attention to winning Cate’s hand. But is his interest true or is there a scheme at play?
Book 1 in The Courtships of Lancaster County series.

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I have read plenty of Amish romances and fiction in recent times, and I generally love them and award them a 5-star rating with absolutely no trouble.  Well, let me tell you something. This is by far one of the best Amish romance I have ever read!  It was so different from the others I have read, and in a good way, too!  I was drawn into the book from the very beginning, and at times, I was so into the book that I forgot where I was!

This is a unique Amish story.  I don't want to give away any spoilers, but it will definitely keep you guessing at every turn.  While you can count on an ending being something you will enjoy, the journey is full of suspense at times.  There were times I just wanted to shake some sense into Cate or slap Pete upside the head, I was fully engaged in the story at all times.

I love the way the spiritual elements are seamlessly woven into the story line.  I always find that Amish fiction is consistently the best at accomplishing this.  Even if the people walk away from God, they always seem to come back.  And you will see that in Cate, and I found it very inspiring.  And God works in the lives of everyone else as well, and by the end of the book, everyone is serving God!

If you like Amish fiction and/or clean romances, this is definitely the book for you!  I can't recommend it highly enough.  

View all my reviews


{MORE ABOUT LESLIE GOULD}

Leslie Gould is the co-author, with Mindy Starns Clark, of the #1 bestselling The Amish Midwife and The Amish Nanny. She is also the author of numerous novels, including Garden of Dreams, Beyond the Blue (winner of the Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice for Best Inspirational Novel, 2006), and Scrap Everything. She holds an MFA in creative writing from Portland State University and has taught fiction writing at Multnomah University as an adjunct professor. She resides with her husband and four children in Portland, Oregon. Learn more at www.lesliegould.com.
Find out more about Leslie at http://www.lesliegould.com/.
http://twitter.com/#!/lesliejeangould
http://pinterest.com/lesliejeangould

Read more reviews from the tour here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Your Ad Here